- contact details, such as your name, address, email address and telephone number;
- date of birth; and
We may also collect other information used to identify you or that is relevant to our functions or activities.
We usually collect personal information from:
- point of sale transactions;
- sales data;
- warranty cards;
- website traffic; and
- other relevant sources.
- provide you with information or assistance that you request from us;
- inform you about our products and services;
- provide you with products or services, including warranty services in respect of products you purchase from us;
- notify you about changes to our products and services;
- monitor and improve the quality of our products and services;
- identify your purchase history with us;
- inform you about special offers or promotions by us; and
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements,
and for other purposes of interest to our customers.
If we do not collect this personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or assistance that you request. If we use your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for future direct marketing. Sensitive information will only be collected about you with your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
How do we hold, use and disclose personal information?
Your personal information and any documents containing your personal information are held by us in a content management system. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards and security measures which are reasonably designed to protect your personal information.
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
• our staff for the purposes of their work responsibilities;
• suppliers or commercial partners of us for promotional purposes; and
• third parties engaged by us to perform functions or activities on our behalf.
In addition, we are permitted to use or disclose your personal information:
• where you have consented to the use or disclosure; or
• otherwise as specifically provided for by the Privacy Act.
We have security measures in place to attempt to protect your personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, we will not be responsible for any breach of security caused by third parties. Accessing and correcting personal information held by us You may access the personal information we hold about you, and you may make or seek changes to that information, by contacting us by using the Privacy Officer contact details set out below. Our Privacy Officer will promptly investigate your privacy enquiry and provide you with answers or update our records, as appropriate. We may charge a reasonable fee for access to your personal information.
You may make a complaint about an alleged breach by us of the Privacy Act in relation to our handling of your personal information. Your complaint should be in writing and provided to us using the Privacy Officer contact details set out below. We will endeavour to respond to a complaint within 30 days. If you are not satisfied with our response to a complaint, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How to contact us
The Bike Establishment
256 New Line Rd